Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
No more boring veggie here, This is a great tasting side dish.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1⁄8 lb butter
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- Wash zucchini and slice into half-inch rounds.
- Boil in salted water just until tender (do not over cook).
- Drain and spread zucchini in a shallow baking pan.
- Melt butter.
- Peel and grate onion.
- Mix onion and green chile with the melted butter.
- Spread mixture over the zucchini.
- Shake salt and pepper over slices.
- Sprinkle swiss cheese over top of zucchini.
- Broil about three inches from the heat for five minuted or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve Hot.