Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not exactly low carb but a great addition to a grilled steak, tossed salad and a glass of your favorite red wine. Enjoy!
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 ounces bacon, crisply cooked,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toss potato wedges with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Mix blue cheese, bacon and cheddar cheese; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake until cheeses are melted.
I'm giving myself one week to work off every single one of these well-worth-it calories!
Boy, this was good! I found this recipe looking for a use for the red potatoes in my CSA box and the impulse buy of blue cheese I bought over the weekend. I used a light Mexican Blend instead of the plain cheddar, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I used a center cut bacon which I think worked well because it cooked to crispy easily. Next time I'll prep the pan with some nonstick spray because my potatoes stuck a bit, but other than than, this was delicious! DH wants to know when I am making it again!
You can't go wrong with this combination of savory ingredients. I subbed cream cheese for the cheddar and smeared it on the potatoes with fresh chives from our garden. Definitely comfort food!