1/20 Photos of Crispy Beer Flat Bread
This is a very easy and fast to make snack or appetizer which can be served with your favorite dip, spread, salsa or sauce. But it is also delicious on its own. The beer in it adds a fantastic flavor and is the cause of the crispy bubbles which are formed during baking. The recipe is for one baking tray, but you can easily make it for a large number of guests. Men will (probably) like it with a glass of beer and a "hot" or "spicy" dip. And be prepared for a second or third serving, because this flat bread will gone fast. I have seen the making of this bread in a German TV show, but can't remember who make it. But whoever invented this bread, thank you for this fantastic flat bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, and or or marjoram)
- 1Preheat oven (480-490 F, 250-260 C). Put the baking tray into the oven. So it will be heated up, too.
- 2Mix olive oil and garlic and set aside.
- 3Sieve flour with salt and add beer. Mix with hands until dough is formed. Knead dough for 5 minutes with slightly floured hands. Let rest dough for about 10 minutes.
- 4On a slightly floured working platform, roll out the dough with a rolling pin. It should be thin (if you like the bread very crispy roll out the dough very thin). Place the dough on baking paper (size of the baking tray).
- 5Brush the dough with the olive oil. Sprinkle it with herbs (you could use more or less than 1 tablespoon).
- 6Put dough (on baking paper) on the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 5 - 10 minutes until it is golden brown. During baking the bread will develop several "bubbles".
- 7Take out of the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Serve slightly warm or cool.
- 8NOTE on herbs: use your favorite herbs. If you like the herbal flavors you can use more. But you could also leave them out completely. You could also use an "Italian herbs mixes". You can also use fresh herbs (if at hand).
- 9NOTE on olive oil: I only use the oil for brushing and don't use the garlic in it. If you like a garlicky styled bread, you can use the garlic for brushing, too.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Beer Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: