Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
After checking many recipes online I wanted to mix my mom's secret ingredient in fish batter. Curry. So I came up with this which was inspired by http://www.food.com/recipe/beer-battered-fish-130102 I loved this recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the egg and add to dry ingredients.
- Add beer gradually while mixing till the batter gets liquid enough.
- Dip the tilapia fillets in the batter and let it rest for a minute.
- In a pan add the oil and put on medium heat.
- Add the tilapia to the pan and fry till each side is golden brown.
- After they're done remove and put on paper towel and let it cool for few minutes before serving.
- You can serve this with boiled rice and/or my Minty Cucumber Salad.
I paired with fried potatoes and Sriracha Coleslaw for a pub style fish and chips meal. The fish batter was lighter in texture than other recipes I've tried and one could taste the fish. Thank you for sharing the recipe!