Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I liked the ease and cost of sugarnut's Crispy Baked Tilapia recipe (found here: http://www.recipezaar.com/239589) I changed the seasonings, cheese & veggies a bit to better suit my family's tastes.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, stewed
Cut into mid-sized square pieces
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
Seasoning Mix to Taste
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix seasonings to taste.
- Mix together veggies (including can tomato) with some seasoning mix, 1 tb sesame oil, 1 tb olive oil & soy sauce.
- Spread veggies onto baking sheet.
- Mix remaining oil and coat fish.
- Mix remaining seasoning mix with breadcrumbs & panko.
- Press fish into breadcrumb mix.
- Lay fish on top of veggies on cookie sheet.
- Cover dish with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.