Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A unique change of pace for those who love Reuben sandwiches.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn chips, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 ounces thinly sliced corned beef (4 slices)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (4 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut, drained.
- Combine eggs and milk, beating well.
- Dip one side of each bread slice in egg mixture, then in crushed corn chips.
- Place 4 slices of bread, chips side down, on baking sheet.
- Spread other side of bread with Thousand Island dressing.
- Top each with a slice of corned beef, cheese, and 2 tablespoons sauerkraut.
- Top sandwiches with remaining bread, chips side up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Corn Chip crumbs make these really crispy. Yum!
VERY VERY good. Super easy, great tasting, what more can one ask for. This is going to be a monthly sandwich in our house. Congrats on winning the football pool!!