Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fantastic way to enjoy crispy potatoes. I love to serve this with my recipe for Full Flavored Steak. I hope you enjoy it! The recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens / Great Cooking For Two.
- 2 medium baking potatoes (6 - 8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream, as topping (optional)
- chives, as topping (optional)
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- In an 11" x 7" x 1 1/2" or 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan, combine melted butter, garlic or seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Place potatoes, cut side down, in butter mixture.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and cut sides of potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Lift out with a spatula.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and/or chives.
In an effort to use up a few left over baked potatoes (I did five pounds at once in the crock pot), I came across your recipe and decided to give it a try! Since my potatoes were already done, I melted the butter, garlic salt and pepper in a nonstick skillet on the stove top, then sliced my potatoes in half placing them in the skillet cut side down. Used a bbq brush to baste the outside of the potatoes once in the beginning then just let them sit in the skillet on medium-low while I grilled tequila lime chicken outside. The result was fantastic! They had the crispiness and flavor I was looking for and were heated all the way through without having to wait for them to actually bake. I served them as suggested with sour cream and chives (our favorite way). I will definitely do this again with more already-baked potatoes!
This recipe gets an A+ for ease, and the method. The potatoes didn't turn out dry, which I love, because baked potatoes usually come out dry for me. I'd probably add extra seasoning (more garlic powder and paprika for sure, but maybe salt as well), but I'll be saving this recipe to make when I need a fast, simple, and tasty side dish. Thanks!
I didn't have any butter so I used olive oil instead, topped with sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder and some chili powder. Cut new potatoes in half and arranged on top of the oil, cut side down. Baked for 30 minutes and it turned out amazing! Check out the picture I uploaded! Yums.