Make and share this Crispy Baked Panko Sriracha Chicken Strips recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Combine honey, soy sauce, oil, ginger, orange juice and Sriracha in a bowl whisk until combined. Pour into a storage bag, add chicken breast and marinate 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to bread the tenders, preheat oven to 450° and prepare the baking sheet by placing a cooling rack on it (it helps crisp the entire coating).
- Prepare for the breading by placing flour in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in a second shallow bowl, and place breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the bowl containing flour and then another 1/2 teaspoon to the bowl with the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Spray the cooling rack with the cooking spray. Coat each chicken breast in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the chicken breast in the egg and let excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture and place the chicken breast on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken breast for 18-20 minutes depending on thickness of the tenders. Serve with ranch dressing.
Wow, what a terrific recipe. We loved this tasty dish. It was quick and easy to make with wonderful results. The chicken was crisp and crunchy, yet moist and tender. With an absolutely delicious flavor. Loved it so much that I did not use a dip. Dh used homemade plum sauce. Dh decided that he would take the leftovers for his lunch, and he didn`t even leave me 1 piece. That`s how good it is. The sirarcha sauce is the prominent flavor but does not over power the chicken. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe, which I made exactly as written. Made for Best of 2014 Tag Game. Thanks also to Teresa S for the wonderful recommendation.
OMG! Is this good...I cut the recipe way down...to serve 1.5...although there's two of us we each got four pieces of chicken tenders cut in half...yummy...the siracha sauce is out front and dominate in this dish...but it isn't hot...you just get the nice flavor...btw...you can see it seeping out of the photo...DH was amazed with this dish...I did serve the ranch dressing along side...it just added another dimension to the dish...this is a keeper...thanks for posting it...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)
Yummy chicken strips. I really loved the bit of kick from the sriracha sauce and the crunch from the coating. The use of the wire rack helped to get the coating crunchy on all sides. Thank you!