Prep 7 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1 lb orange roughy or 1 lb white fleshed fish filets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces.
- Beat egg in small shallow bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in second shallow bowl.
- Dip fish into egg and then into crumb mixture, coating completely.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet tucking tail under if needed.
- Bake at 450 degrees F oven for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Both my husband & I were wowed by the taste after putting forth little effort to prepare the meal. We ran a little short of egg & crumb mixture for 1lb. fish. Only serves two.
This was excellent. Really easy and the orange roughy was really great. Didn't know liked it until now. Kids liked it too. I would not put the foil on the baking dish next time as the outside stuck to it and came off the fish. I would just spray the pan a little before I put the raw battered fish on .
The flavors in this dish are delicious. I love the combination of parmesan, lemon and garlic. The only thing I would do differently is cook it for 6 minutes, then maybe put it under the broiler for a minute or less to brown the breading a little bit more. The bread crumbs were a little uncooked for our taste. Great recipe overall!