Recipe by La Dilettante
Tonight's dinner for His Meatship, with sides of some delicious fresh Mississippi vegetables! The nice crust makes this a healthful alternative to fried chicken.
- 2 lbs chicken breast fillets, skinless (about 6)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄2 cups buttery crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry chicken on paper towels, pat dry. Pound with mallet until about 1/2" thick.
- Combine mayonnaise with all ingredients except crumbs, mix well.
- Dip chicken pieces into mayo mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Bake at 400 until browned and crispy, about 30 minutes.