Recipe by Sharon123
I love eggplant! This is a delicious way to prepare it. Very good!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great eggplant! I just started eating eggplant so was not sure if I should peel it or not. I left the skin on (next time I will peel it off). I added a little salt and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese when they were done cooking. I ate this with a little peppercorn ranch dressing. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #58.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup wheat germ or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Slice eggplant very thin, no more than 1/4".
- Salt slices lightly and let them stand about 10 minutes.
- Then pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat the egg with milk in one bowl, combine wheat germ and herbs in another.
- Dip the eggplant slices in liquid, then dredge in wheat germ.
- Bake on oiled tray for 20-30 minutes until eggplant is crisp on outside.