Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love eggplant! This is a delicious way to prepare it. Very good!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup wheat germ or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Slice eggplant very thin, no more than 1/4".
- Salt slices lightly and let them stand about 10 minutes.
- Then pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat the egg with milk in one bowl, combine wheat germ and herbs in another.
- Dip the eggplant slices in liquid, then dredge in wheat germ.
- Bake on oiled tray for 20-30 minutes until eggplant is crisp on outside.
Great eggplant! I just started eating eggplant so was not sure if I should peel it or not. I left the skin on (next time I will peel it off). I added a little salt and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese when they were done cooking. I ate this with a little peppercorn ranch dressing. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #58.
I had some buttermilk to use up so I used that. I added Lawry's Seasoning Salt and garlic powder to the herb mixture. Contrary to my friends, I so not peel the eggplant. Turned out yummy.
My husband and I loved this eggplant. I had one small, perfect eggplant and needed a fast recipe. I quickly sliced and salted the eggplant and mixed just one egg and a bit of milk, then dumped the sliced eggplant in and smushed them around. I used seasoned bread crumbs which contained the requisite spices and quickly breaded them and got them in the oven in a pan lined with non-stick foil. They were done in 30 minutes, nice and crispy...my husband called them 'eggplant chips'. They were very very good. Thanks Sharon, we'll be doing this eggplant recipe again, often.