Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Vegetarian Times.
Make and share this Crispy Baked Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups diced green cabbage
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup diced drained bamboo shoot
- 1 cup diced drained water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 24 egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 1/4 cup water in a wok until simmering; cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft but not browned.
- Add in the cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and mushrooms; cook about 8 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Remove wok from heat; add in the soy sauce, rice wine, and honey; toss well.
- Place the mixture in a colander over a bowl and let stand 10 minutes to drain of any excess moisture.
- Make sure your work surface is dry; stack the egg roll wrappers with 1 corner pointing away from you.
- Have a small bowl of water ready; spoon 1/4 cup of filling into the center of each wrapper.
- Lightly brush the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Fold the side corners to the center, covering the filling; next bring the bottom corner to the center, tuck slightly under the filling and continue to roll the wrapper into a cylinder, sealing the top corner by moistening it slightly with water and pressing it down.
- Place the egg rolls, seam sides down, on two nonstick baking pans without crowding; lightly brush eggrolls with sesame oil.
- Bakein the center of the oven, turning once, for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.