Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
It's a Friday night fish fry - with a twist. This 30 minute cod is baked, not fried, but still has a satisfyingly crispy, crunchy crust. Try baked white potatoes or sweet potatoes, cooked in the microwave to save time, on the side.
Top Review by jsw0510
This was absolutely delicous! The fish has so much flavor and it is so easy to do. My husband and I loved it!! ( I used 1 teaspoon of dried parsley instead of fresh.) I will use this recipe probably every time I have cod!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless cod fish fillets (1 1/2-inch thick)
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add bread crumbs, stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest. Let cool. Combine mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt, then place on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet and brush with mustard mixture. Press 1/4 of crumbs onto each fillet.
- Transfer baking sheet to oen and bake until fish is no longer translucent (cut to test) and flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes. If crumbs aren't sufficiently browned, broil fish 2 inches from heating element until crumbs are crisp and dark golden brown (watching carefully to prevent burning), 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately.