Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 59.14 ml hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's)
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, peeled, sliced (2x1-inch )
- 2267.96 g chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- BUFFALO SAUCE:.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead.
- Let cool completely; cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
- GINGER-SOY GLAZE:.
- Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes.
- Strain into a medium bowl.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 5 days ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before using.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Divide wings between prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil; top with a wire rack.
- Add half of wings to ginger-soy glaze and toss to evenly coat.
- Place wings in a single layer on prepared rack and bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8–10 minutes.
- Toss remaining half of wings in Buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately (no need to bake).