Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
I had some chicken wings left over from a barbecue and fancied them done in crispy breadcrumbs. I didn't want to fry them, though, so thought I'd try a pure baked method. They came out really well and I'll definitely do them again. Use brown or wholemeal if you want extra texture and flavour. Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a snack. Serve with potato wedges and salad if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- 2Prepare your baking tray with a sheet of lightly oiled foil to prevent sticking.
- 3Cut the wings at the joint and trim the tips if you wish.
- 4Put the bread, garlic, basil, paprika, cayenne and seasoning in a food processor and blitz to make breadcrumbs.
- 5Dip the wings into the egg and then cover with the crumbs.
- 6Place on your prepared tray and place in the oven.
- 7Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once. To check they are done, take the chunkiest wing and cut into it to the bone; make sure the juice is clear and there is no redness left.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 168.4 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g