Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had some chicken wings left over from a barbecue and fancied them done in crispy breadcrumbs. I didn't want to fry them, though, so thought I'd try a pure baked method. They came out really well and I'll definitely do them again. Use brown or wholemeal if you want extra texture and flavour. Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a snack. Serve with potato wedges and salad if you wish.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Prepare your baking tray with a sheet of lightly oiled foil to prevent sticking.
- Cut the wings at the joint and trim the tips if you wish.
- Put the bread, garlic, basil, paprika, cayenne and seasoning in a food processor and blitz to make breadcrumbs.
- Dip the wings into the egg and then cover with the crumbs.
- Place on your prepared tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once. To check they are done, take the chunkiest wing and cut into it to the bone; make sure the juice is clear and there is no redness left.