Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Crispy Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil and lightly spray foil with vegetable oil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- Combine Corn Flake crumbs, rosemary and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces first into milk and then into crumb mixture.
- Allow to stand briefly so coating will adhere.
- Arrange chicken in prepared pan so pieces do not touch.
- Bake 45 minutes or until done.
- Crumbs will form a crisp skin.
Yummy and easy to prepare. I love the flavor of the cornflake coating and it really does form a crust. If you do not crush up your flakes it will still work out ok. I was able to utilize my new Penzy's Rosemary and celery flakes for extra flavoring. Delicious and I love that the points are already calculated for me.
My DH loved this crispy chicken! My DD's were a little less enthusiastic, probably because of the rosemary. I used 4 VERY large breasts and since I had an open carton of bittermilk, I used that to dip them in. They were very moist and tender. I loved the crispy covering, but next time I think I will use a different seasoning, maybe dill, Mrs. Dash or cayenne pepper like Buddy Phillips suggested. Thanks for a nice low-fat way to make 'fried chicken'.
I made this recipe using eggs rather than milk and added 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and drumsticks. Outstanding!! It tasted like real Southern fried chicken with the crispy crust and juicy inside. I will make this on a regular basis since everyone raved about it.