Recipe by Oh Sherry
I have had this recipe for a while and tried it for the first time last week. Excellent flavor, which I assume is from the paprika and butter. I used skinless and boneless chicken breast. I also placed the chicken on a paper plate after cooking to remove some of the butter from the bottom of the chicken before serving. Moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. I am unable to give credit for the recipe due to my lack of memory!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F
- In a large roasting pan (or 2 9x13 pans) melt butter in the oven.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a large, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Shake chicken pieces in the bag, a few pieces at a time until evenly coated.
- Place chicken in the pan, skin side down, in the melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and bake 15 more minutes until fork tender.
- Remove from pan and discard butter.