Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Much more healthy than the average fried chicken. This chicken has a wonderful crunch and is mouth watering.
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Combine the first six ingredients to make cornmeal mixture.
- Dip chicken in the milk then in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13inch x 9inch x 2inch baking pan.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375* for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.
I used what we call a Maryland cut (thigh and leg together) but I only used up less than half the crumbing mix so would cut that back by half and also half the amount of milk but the end product was delicious and beautifully crispy after baking for 1 1/4 hours at 175C fan forced which was a little longer than normal to get that browned look, also I sprayed with oil rather drizzle butter as I feel you get a more even coating and then browning. Thank you Potato Loveing Sisters, made for PAC 2014.