A yummy Recipe from the Canadian Diabetes Assoc. The recipe originally called for thighs and drumsticks, but I don't like dark meat, so I used boneless, skinless chicken breast instead. The coating is just a bit tangy. It's delicious!
- Oven at 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, mustard and ginger root.
- In a second bowl, mix breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Dip the chicken in the yogurt mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture. Warning, this part is a bit messy --
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam, or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes, till cooked through and golden brown.
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 protein.
Not sure where anyone can get a 4 oz chicken breast anymore. The ones I find in the store are all about 8 ounces each. Took about twice as long to cook as the recipe stated.
Loved the combination of ginger and dijon here and was please the flavor permeated the meat itself. I used whole wheat breadcrumbs for our meal which gave the final dish a beautiful hue. So simple with great flavors, this is a definite keeper. Made for the *Healthy Choices ABC* game.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ This is an easy recipe to follow & the taste is GREAT! For the breadcrumbs I had those from the winter wheat that I make up myself [Well, I actually make it from purchased bread, but....], & the chicken, as I said, was GREAT! A nice addition to my chicken breast file!