I love this seasoning mix and sometimes double it to get more crunch. It came from Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook with only two slight adaptations. I usually have to dry slices of bread in my oven & send them through the food processor to crumb, but I usually have all of these ingredients on hand.
- Oven temp 375F degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and celery seed.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush each chicken piece with melted butter.
- Roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up and so pieces don't touch, in a shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 oven about 50 minutes or till tender.
- Do Not Turn!
- Makes 6 servings.
This was delicious and moist, even the breasts! I used homemade dry bread crumbs and did everything the same except I added about half a tsp of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. My husband loved it and so did I. Thanks so much for a great recipe! Will definitly be making this one again.
Extremely moist chicken with great flavor and crunch. Couldn't be easier to prepare. I used only chicken breasts which turned out very tender.
This was so easy and it turned out so moist and tender. I did make my own bread crumbs but had everything else on hand (we apparently have that in common). I am glad I started playing the games in the game room or I never would have searched out all of the wonderful recipes I have been getting including this one. I tripled the crumbs and spices because I wanted the back portions coated as well (it is my preferred piece) and I was able to heavily coat the pieces. It was awesome. I will do it again, and again, and again. It was so moist. Absolutely wonderful!!