Recipe by TPubmgjbd
Sorta like a do-it-yourself Shake and Bake. It's not barbequed in the normal sense. This is easy to prepare and you can stick it in the oven and forget about it (set a timer or you are liable to really forget about it!)
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned fine breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 cut-up fryer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 7 ingredients.
- I usually double all of these ingredients so that I have plenty of breading for the chicken.
- Brush chicken pieces with melted butter.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Roll chicken pieces in crumb mixture thoroughly.
- Place chicken skin side up so that they aren't touching in a shallow baking pan.
- (I usually sprinkle the pieces with some more of the crumb mixture.) Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 50 minutes.