Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a nice way of preparing chicken that is not too much trouble and very tasty.
Top Review by I'mPat
I quartered a whole chicken and baked for 45 minutes at 175C fan forced for moist and tasty chicken. The only changes I made was to give the chicken a spray with cooking spray (if doing that add the spare crumbs after spraying) and I left the skin on, otherwise I think I may have a revolt on my hands :lol:, I would also recommend that you do not dip chilled chicken into the butter as it ceases up the melted butter (take out of the fridge about 30 minutes before dipping - you can always put back into the fridge after crumbing which I would also recommend to help them set). Cooked up nice and crispy but I would need to adjust the spices to suit us a little better. Thank you Tasty Tidbits, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet tag.
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, celery seed and cayenne.
- Season each chicken piece with salt and pepper.
- Roll in the melted butter, then into the crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange skin side up in a shallow baking pan, making sure that pieces don't touch.
- Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs and bake at 375*F for 50 minutes.