Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Bacon makes everything tastes better. Unfortunately the cooking time for bacon is drastically different than most other foods. In order to render the fat out and to make the bacon crispy, most other ingredients will be way overcooked or burned to charcoal. This recipe solves the problem by using Reynolds aluminum foil in a very unique way. This fun recipe is to transform some very common ingredients, Zucchini and ground beef, into a more memorable dish. The plating of this dish shows one serving.
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 3 large zucchini (12-inch long each)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs maple bacon
- 8 ounces Italian sausages
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmigiano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large black garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- heavy duty non-stick Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Directions - Ground beef mix.
- 1. Use meat from Italian sausage and mix with ground beef.
- 2. Add bread crumb, diced shitake mushrooms, eggs, garlic powder, ground pepper, brown sugar, shredded Parmigiano cheese, parsley, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and mix well with above.
- Directions – Zucchini sections.
- 1. Cut zucchini in sections about 1 3/8” each.
- 2. Core each section center seeds out.
- 3. Fill each section with stuffing of ground beef mix from above.
- Directions – Bacon rings.
- 1. Using heavy duty non-stick Reynolds aluminum foil to wrap around card board tubes, some round and some square, to make round bacon rings for zucchini and square bacon rings for couscous.
- 2. Wrap 2 layers of bacon rushers tightly on foil tubes above and bake in 350F oven until crispy. Put tray under the bacon to catch all bacon fat and drippings. The tray should have some water to prevent the dripping from drying out.
- 3. Remove cardboard tube under the aluminum foil, and remove foil. The crispy bacon rings should detach from the foil easily.
- 4. Insert stuffed zucchini sections into round bacon rings and bake in 300F oven on a pan. About 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- 5. Collect juice from the baking of the stuffed zucchinis in the pan.
- Directions – two sauces, each to be enjoyed by guest separately or combined.
- Corn sauce.
- 1. Cut kernels from two ears of fresh corn, about one cup.
- 2. Collect juices from the bacon drippings, and from the baking of stuffed zucchinis and mix with corn kernels.
- 3. To above, mix heavy cream, garlic powder, chopped onion, salt and wine. Use a hand blender to Purée all into a creamy sauce.
- 4. Simmer the above for 10 minutes.
- Black garlic sauce (Optional).
- 1. Peel all black garlic cloves.
- 2. Mix black garlic with Balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and Olive oil and blend with hand blender. The mixture will become a sweet pure black sauce of ketchup consistency.
- 1. Make couscous any style you prefer,.
- 2. and stuff couscous in crispy square bacon rings and serve with stuffed zucchinis.
- Photos show suggested plating serving suggestion.