Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. I made this recipe for my hubby because he doesn't care much for fish (unless it's breaded and fried). I wanted him to eat a variety of proteins other than just steak and pork, and figured he wouldn't turn down the fish if it had bacon with it. He loved it. ^_^
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 slice bacon
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped red onion
- 59.14 ml chopped red pepper
- 44.37 ml plain crushed breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml salt
- 453.59 g fresh green beans
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. In a small sauce pan heat the oil. When heated add the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- 2. Add the red peppers, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, parsley, black pepper and salt. bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- 3. While the mixture cooks prepare your baking dish. (I use a disposable aluminum 8x8 in square cake pan because i dont like bacon grease on my good pans) Cut srips of reynolds wrap the size or your baking dish about 6 will be fine. Crinkle the strips of foil and securely place them in the bottom of your dish to make racks.
- 4. Remove the pepper mixture and process in a food processor (or blender) until smooth.
- 5. Return the mixture to the pan and stir in the bread crumbs until combined.
- 6. Spread the mixture evenly among the 4 Tilapia filets and roll them up. Wrap them in bacon using one strip of bacon per filet. If needed secure them in place with toothpicks.
- 7. Place the filet rolls over the racks to let the grease drain. Cover with reynolds wrap foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 8. In another baking dish spread the green beans evenly apart and sprinkle the top with pamesan cheese.
- 9. After the 20 minutes remove the filets and turn on the broiler. Remove the foil cover from the filets. Put the green beand and filets under the broiler and broil until the top of the bacon is crispy. Turn the filets to crisp the bottom side. If the cheese is burning too badly, take out the beans. when both sides f the bacon are crispy, take them out.
- Serve the tilapia with a big side of green beans and enjoy.