1/1 Photo of Crispy Bacon Basil Puffs With Lucky Peach Dipping Sauce
Ready, Set, Cook Special Edition Contest Entry: These puffs work perfectly for a party or date night in and can be made ahead. And the color of the sauce is really gorgeous--peachy orange, with pretty green flecks from green onion. Note: Once fully-cooked, puffs can be frozen and re-heated in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Also, the computer-generated nutritional data on this recipe includes all of the oil used for frying. Actual calories, fat, etc. consumed are much lower, as all but about 2 TBSP of the oil stays in the pan and is not served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled bacon (3-4 strips)
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped (about 5 big leaves)
- 20 wonton wrappers (usually sold in a 14 oz package of 42 wrappers)
- 3 cups canola oil (for frying)
For Dipping Sauce
- 1Stir potatoes, bacon, cheese, and basil together until well blended, about 1 minute.
- 2Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling on one corner of a wonton wrapper. Rolling the wrapper (filling inside) toward the opposite corner, fold the 2 sides of the wrapper over the filling, and roll the wrapper the rest of the way to the far corner. Place puffs flap-side down on a plate.
- 3Once all puffs are rolled, heat oil in a tall-walled, medium-sized pot on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Line a plate with napkins (to drain excess oil after puffs are cooked).
- 5In a separate small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 6Gently place 4-5 puffs in hot oil at a time. Cook 2 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on napkin lined plate. Allow to cool for 2 minutes; then transfer to another plate and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Bacon Basil Puffs With Lucky Peach Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1776.0
- Calories from Fat 1601
- Total Fat 177.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 554.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
white wine vinegar
fresh ground black pepper