Recipe by Candy in Tyrone, Northern Ireland
From the tesco magazine
Top Review by flower7
This was nice. The dressing was pretty sharp being just oil and mustard - I think a bit of vinegar might help to cut through the heat of the mustard. I had just made Recipe #480335 so used that for the salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 slices streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 75 g mixed salad greens
- 75 g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill and cook the bacon until crisp and golden. Cool and break each rasher into three pieces.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, a little at a time, into the mustard. If the dressing is very thick, loosen it with a few drops of hot water. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves, bacon and mushrooms together and drizzle with the dressing.