A great recipie from a British Weight watchers magazine. It is half a point per serving. These crispy slices are just brilliant! they make an alternative to chips or fries and they are awesome in a sandwich with some low fat mayo. When I make these I often cheat and but ready sliced and chargrilled frozen slices which work just as well. Tip - if you cut the slices quite thinly they take on a great chewy texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non stick or chargrill pan cook the aubergine slices until beginning to char.
- 2Mix polenta, garlic and herbs in a bowl. place beaten egg in another bowl.
- 3Dip the aubergine slices first in the egg then toss in the polenta.
- 4Place on a tray sprayed with cooking oil, spray the tops of the aubergines and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Aubergine Slices
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: