Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipie from a British Weight watchers magazine. It is half a point per serving. These crispy slices are just brilliant! they make an alternative to chips or fries and they are awesome in a sandwich with some low fat mayo. When I make these I often cheat and but ready sliced and chargrilled frozen slices which work just as well. Tip - if you cut the slices quite thinly they take on a great chewy texture.
- 1 aubergine, sliced into 12 rounds
- 40 g polenta
- 4.92 ml dried herbs
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a non stick or chargrill pan cook the aubergine slices until beginning to char.
- Mix polenta, garlic and herbs in a bowl. place beaten egg in another bowl.
- Dip the aubergine slices first in the egg then toss in the polenta.
- Place on a tray sprayed with cooking oil, spray the tops of the aubergines and bake for 20 minutes until golden.