1 hr 35 mins
"This is a simple pan-baked chicken dish - the sort of food I absolutely love to eat. As everything cooks together in 1 dish, all the beautiful flavors get mixed up. This is what it's all about! With a green salad, it's an easy dinner. " Quoted by jamie oliver, this recipe is his. Just a quick note, the recipe preparation is timely, if your not patient it might frustrate you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of salted boiling water and boil until fork tender.
- 2While the potatoes are cooking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Cut each chicken thigh into 3 strips and place in a bowl.
- 4Rub the meat all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss.
- 5Heat a large frying pan, big enough to hold all the chicken pieces snugly in 1 layer, and put the chicken into the pan, skin side down. If you don't have a pan that's big enough, feel free to cook the chicken in 2 batches.
- 6Toss and fry over a high heat for 10 minutes or so, until almost cooked, then remove with a slotted spoon to an ovenproof pan or dish.
- 7Prick the tomatoes with a sharp knife. Place them in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for a minute or so.
- 8Drain and, when cool enough to handle, pinch off their skins. You don't have to, but by doing this they will become lovely and sweet when cooked, and their intense flavor will infuse the potatoes.
- 9By now the potatoes will be cooked.
- 10Drain them in a colander and lightly crush them by pushing down on them with your thumb.
- 11Bash up most of the oregano leaves with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar, or a Flavor Shaker if you have one.
- 12Add 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, a good splash of red wine vinegar and some pepper and give everything another bash.
- 13Add to the chicken with the potatoes, the tomatoes and the rest of the oregano leaves. Toss everything together carefully.
- 14Spread out in a single layer in an appropriately sized roasting pan, and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven until golden.
- 15Lovely served with an arugula salad dressed with some lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil, and a nice glass of white wine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy and Sticky Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.4
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 236.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 54.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: