1 hr 15 mins
This salad is a meal by itself..I had something similar at a restuarant, went home and came up with this.Wonderful mixture of sweet and sour,crisp and crunchy with a little hot...It's now a family favorite...ENJOY!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade, heated to a syrup
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta, browned
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, sauted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, sauted
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 cup Minute Rice
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon, base
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 20 broccoli, small florets
- 20 green beans
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 24 snow pea pods
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons chinese noodles
- 1Rice Pilaf:.
- 2Brown Orzo in skillet with 1/8 c olive oil.Saute onions and celery.Mix with rice,bouillion,red pepper flakes,water and honey in a casserole dish.
- 3Bake 350 degrees covered for 30-40 minutes.While the pilaf is cooking,fry the chicken in oil 375 degrees for 3-4 minutes till golden brown.
- 4Cut chicken into 1" pieces.Beat 2 eggs,mix in 2 tblsp oil.Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat with mixture of 1c cornstarch and 1/2 c flour, salt and pepper.When golden brown,drain on paper towels.Keep warm in oven,till time to assemble salad(When short on time-I have substituted with banquet popcorn chicken pieces).
- 5Steam vegetables (tender crisp)or microwave 3-4 minutes.
- 6Assemble salad 4 salad bowls.
- 7Add to each.
- 8Divide rice pilaf between 4 bowls -- Top off with tender crisp vegetables 5 broccoli florets,3-4 strips of red pepper,5 green beans,snapped in half,6 snow pea pods,1 tblsp toasted almonds(optional)1 tblsp shredded carrots.Top off with 1 tblsp chinese noodles.
- 9Dip hot chicken pieces into 3/4 cup warmed orange marmalade.Place 7-8 pieces of orange chicken on top of salad. Serve while still hot -- .
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispie Orange Chicken Rice Pilaf Salad
Serving Size: 1 (3682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2090.6
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 2119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 346.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 84.3 g
- Sugars 100.1 g
- Protein 128.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods