Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I enjoyed these. They are definately crunchy. They spread out big and thin. Very tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lard or 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Combine lard and sugars, until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, hot water and vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.