From Food and Drink Magazine. Goes well with poulty and is a nice alternative from the more typical vegetable side dishes. Reheat on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees if necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel parsnips and cut into pieces that are 1/2" thick and 4" long.
- 2Steam or boil for 5-8 minutes or until crisp tender. Cool.
- 3Toss in milk to coat and drain.
- 4Season flour with salt, pepper, and curry powder and roll parsnips in it, tapping off excess flour.
- 5Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 6Working in batches, add parsnips and saute, turning frequently, until brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisped Parsnips
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g