Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 5 quarts cubed zucchini
- 1 quart sliced onion
- 1 head cauliflower, separated flowerets
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 quart trimmed chopped green beans or 1 quart sliced peeled carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 5 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- In a large mixing bowl or crock, combine all the vegetables, including the garlic.
- Sprinkle them with the salt; stir and let the vegetables stand three hours.
- Drain well.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, water and spices in a large preserving kettle and heat to boiling.
- Stir in the vegetables and heat again to boiling.
- Pack the vegetables into clean, hot pint jars to within 1/2-inch of each jar's top.
- Pour in the hot liquid to within 1/2-inch of each top.
- Wipe off the tops and threads of the jars with a damp cloth.
- Put on prepared lids and seal as the manufacturer directs.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.