Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe from my August edition of Carolina Country.
- 8 cups ground cucumbers (about 5 lbs)
- 4 cups ground onions
- 2 cups ground carrots
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 7 cups sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cucumbers, onions and carrots in large bowl; sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with ice cubes.
- let stand for 6 hours.
- Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly.
- In a large kettle, combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed, turmeric, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add vegetables; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stir often.
- Pack the hot mixture into hot jars, leave 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling- water bath.