- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to the batter.
- Mix well then chill for 2-3 hours.
- Roll dough 1/8"- 1/4" thick on a floured surface.
- Cut with a 2" cookie cutter and place 2" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minutes on the baking pan then move to a baking rack to finish cooling.