Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 3 tablespoons sweet cream or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Gradually add sugar to shortening, creaming until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add cream and flavorings.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Roll out small amounts at a time, very thin, on lightly floured board.
- Cut with various shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with additional granulated or colored sugar.
- Bake in 400 degree oven 6 to 9 minutes, until golden.
- Makes 6 dozen medium-sized cookies.
A good tasting sugar cookie, I made them with the sour cream. I liked the flavour with the lemon. I used my largest cookie cutter and did not get 72 cookies, but one large one is like 4 'normal' size cookies!! A nice recipe!