Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Non-wing wings made in the oven with a delicious dipping sauce. Great football day fair.
- 2 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (like Frank's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pour Panko into a shallow dish and toss with 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Trim off any exposed tendon ends from the wide tips of the chicken tenders, if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of mayo with the hot sauce, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoons salt. Add the chicken and toss with your hands to coat well. Coat each tender in the panko and arrange in a single layer on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate while you heat the broiler and make the sauce.
- Position oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining mayonnaise with the blue cheese, sour cream, milk, 1/2 tsp salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined and only small bits of cheese remain intact.
- Broil the tenders, flipping once, until they are crisp and golden brown in spots on the outside and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. Rotate the pan as needed for even browning. Transfer the tenders to a platter and serve with the dipping sauce.