1/1 Photo of Crisp-Skin High-Roast Butterflied Chicken With Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
Really tasty and easy to make. ok i forgot to add that i got it off of americas test kitchen. it was my first recipe i posted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup kosher salt, for brine (or 1/2 cup table salt)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick (4 to 5 medium)
- vegetable oil cooking spray (nonstick)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt (for potatoes)
- ground black pepper
- 1Dissolve salt and sugar in 2 quarts cold water in large container. Immerse chicken and refrigerate until fully seasoned, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 500°.
- 2Line bottom of broiler pan with foil and spray with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Remove chicken from brine and rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Following illustrations 1 through 6, butterfly chicken, flatten breastbone, apply flavored butter (if using), and position chicken on broiler pan rack; thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl. Spread potatoes in even layer in foil-lined broiler pan bottom. Place broiler pan rack with chicken on top. Rub chicken with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- 4Roast chicken until spotty brown, about 20 minutes. Rotate pan and continue to roast until skin has crisped and turned a deep brown and an instant-read internal thermometer registers 160° in thickest part of breast, 20 to 25 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to cutting board. With potholders, remove broiler pan rack; soak up excess grease from potatoes with several sheets paper towels. Remove foil liner with potatoes from broiler pan bottom and invert foil and potatoes onto cookie sheet or second cutting board. Carefully peel back foil, using a metal spatula to help scrape potatoes off foil as needed. With additional paper towels, pat off remaining grease.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp-Skin High-Roast Butterflied Chicken With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.7
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 28921.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 49.6 g