Recipe by diner524
Found this recipe in Quick Cooking. Recipes states: "The light dressing Craig Miller serves over his crunchy combination of colorful salad fixings contains just a hint of sweetness. I like to make the dressing ahead to let the flavors blend, remarks the Torrance, California cook." Time doesn't include time for chilling dressing.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great salad. I used cucumbers instead of zucchini. The dressing is yummy with all these veggies. I forgot to add the croutons. But anyway DH doesn't care for croutons. I omitted the almonds and sesame seeds. Thanks Diner :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 946.36 ml salad greens, torn
- 177.44 ml zucchini, sliced (or cucumber)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 59.14 ml seasoned croutons
- 14.79 ml whole almond, toasted
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, zucchini, carrots, celery and onions.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and toasted almonds and sesame seeds.