Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Quick Cooking. Recipes states: "The light dressing Craig Miller serves over his crunchy combination of colorful salad fixings contains just a hint of sweetness. I like to make the dressing ahead to let the flavors blend, remarks the Torrance, California cook." Time doesn't include time for chilling dressing.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups salad greens, torn
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, sliced (or cucumber)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon whole almond, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, zucchini, carrots, celery and onions.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
This is a great salad. I used cucumbers instead of zucchini. The dressing is yummy with all these veggies. I forgot to add the croutons. But anyway DH doesn't care for croutons. I omitted the almonds and sesame seeds. Thanks Diner :) Made for Holiday tag game
This salad has lots of nice veggies, but still it is easy to throw together. The dressing is simple but tasty. Made for ZWT 2011.
Nice side salad. I made it with as directed except that I forgot the croutons until I had eaten half of the salad, lol. Loved the dressing - nice and light. Thanks diner for a nice salad. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.