Found this recipe in Quick Cooking. Recipes states: "The light dressing Craig Miller serves over his crunchy combination of colorful salad fixings contains just a hint of sweetness. I like to make the dressing ahead to let the flavors blend, remarks the Torrance, California cook." Time doesn't include time for chilling dressing.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups salad greens, torn
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, sliced (or cucumber)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon whole almond, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, zucchini, carrots, celery and onions.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and toasted almonds and sesame seeds.