1 hr 5 mins
Linda Johansen's Note:
Crisp Sauteed Cucumbers with Lemon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the cucumbers if waxed.
- 2Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- 3Cut them into inch chunks.
- 4If the cucumbers are not super-firm, place the chunks in a colander and sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of salt. Shake to distribute the salt. Let cucumber drain for about 20 minutes. Rinse and dry.
- 5If the cucumbers are already firm, proceed with the recipe.
- 6Remove a few strips of zest from the lemon with a zester or vegetable peeler; mince enough to measure 1 teaspoon.
- 7Cut the lemon in half through its equator and section it as you would an orange. Set the zest and lemon sections aside.
- 8Place the butter or oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 9Place about 2 cups flour in a bag, and, when the butter melts or the oil is hot, put a few chunks of cucumber at a time in the bag.
- 10Shake well; add cucumbers to the skillet.
- 11Repeat until all the cucumbers are used up.
- 12Cook over medium high heat, stirring and turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the exteriors of the cucumbers are crisp and the interiors are tender enough to be easily pierced with a thin-bladed knife.
- 13Add the lemon zest and lemon sections, along with salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute more.
- 14Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Sauteed Cucumbers With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1798.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g