Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious served with fried eggs and tomatoe sauce. Make sure the beetroot is not in vinegar, as the pickled variety is too saour for this recipe
- 500 g cooked potatoes
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200 g cooked beetroots, finely chopped
- 4 sausages
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Put the potatoes into a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Add the onions, beetroot, salt and pepper, then mash everything together. Skin the sauages and break them into small pieces add to the mix. Using your hands, shape into 8 rough patties.
- If making a freezer batch, freeze at this stage.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan, add the patties. Fry on a fairly high heat until the underside is brown and crusty. Flip over and cook on the other side.
Really delicious, I think these would be good at any time of day we had ours with a broccoli cole slaw, thanks for this.