1/1 Photo of Crisp Rosemary Breadsticks
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
These are long, thin, hard breadsticks that we love. I usually like to put them on the table standing up in a crock just to make things interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over warm water; let stand until foamy, about 5 minute.
- 2Add lemon zest, salt, rosemary, 2 T. oil, and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 3Beat with a heavy spoon or an electric mixer until dough is glossy and stretching 3-5 minute.
- 4Mix in about 1 cup more flour, or enough to make a soft dough.
- 5To knead by hand, scrape dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and springy, about 10 minute adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 6To knead with a dough hook, beat dough on high speed until it pulls cleanly from sides of bowl and is springy 5-7 minute. If dough is sticky, add flour 1 T. at a time.
- 7Turn dough out onto a generously floured board.
- 8Pat into a 6-inch square.
- 9Brush dough with remaining oil, loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until puffy, about 45 minute.
- 10Grease 3 large baking sheets.
- 11Gently rub with 2 T flour.
- 12With a sharp knife, cut dough lengthwise into quarters.
- 13Working with one quarter at a time, cut it lenghtwise into 8 equal pieces.
- 14Stretch one piece to about 15 inches long; place on a baking sheet.
- 15Repeat with remaining breadsticks, spacing them about 1/2 inches apart.
- 16Bake in a 350 degree oven 20-25 minute or until golden brown. Rotate baking sheets after 10 minute.
- 17Cool on rack.
- 18If you can't cook them all at once, dough can be refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Rosemary Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g