Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A good salad with zest.
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- Whisk together the cheese, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the oil slowly while whisking until blended.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and toss to coat.
This is basically the recipe I have been using for years with the addition of a couple of spices I hadn't thought of. Adding an additional amout of lemon juice really does add zing to the salad and the oregano gives it the taste of Italy. I will be using this recipe more often and will use it in my Roast Cornish Hen Menu.