3 hrs 20 mins
Marsha Hamner's Note:
Got this from Saveur magazine. I am having trouble with pork lately these days. they always seem so dry and just don't have the flavor they used to but this one was nice and moist and very good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast cumin & peppercorns in skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- 2Transfer to small food processor along with oregano, cayenne, garlic, and 1T salt process to paste.
- 3Cut about 25- 1 1/2" wide slits in the pork about 1" deep.
- 4Rub garlic paste all over pork, pressing it into slits.
- 5Transfer port to a roasting pan.
- 6Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, and 2T salt in a bowl, pour over pork.
- 7Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally for 18-24 hours.
- 8Remove pork from refrigerator 2 hours before you are ready to roast it allowing it to come to room temperature.
- 9Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 10Roast, basting every 30 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in thickest park of pork registers 160 degrees, about 3 hours total.
- 11Add 1 cup water to pan when liquid evaporates, cover loosely with tin foil if skin gets too dark.
- 12Let rest for 15 minutes, then carve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Roast Pork
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1164.8
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 322.0 mg
- Sodium 304.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 80.2 g