Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Got this from Saveur magazine. I am having trouble with pork lately these days. they always seem so dry and just don't have the flavor they used to but this one was nice and moist and very good
- Toast cumin & peppercorns in skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to small food processor along with oregano, cayenne, garlic, and 1T salt process to paste.
- Cut about 25- 1 1/2" wide slits in the pork about 1" deep.
- Rub garlic paste all over pork, pressing it into slits.
- Transfer port to a roasting pan.
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, and 2T salt in a bowl, pour over pork.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally for 18-24 hours.
- Remove pork from refrigerator 2 hours before you are ready to roast it allowing it to come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roast, basting every 30 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in thickest park of pork registers 160 degrees, about 3 hours total.
- Add 1 cup water to pan when liquid evaporates, cover loosely with tin foil if skin gets too dark.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then carve.