- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan, combine sugar, margarine, salt and dates.
- Allow to boil for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla.
- Fold in crisp rice cereal and nuts.
- While warm, roll into balls and let dry on waxed paper or racks.
- To make balls, butter hand well and keep buttering while you work.
- When cold, roll into confectioners sugar.