Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A low calorie salad that's a snap to make.
Make and share this Crisp Red Cabbage Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head red cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 15 ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shred cabbage in 1-inch long pieces. Mix with the chopped onion.
- Place 1/3 of the cabbage/onion mix in the bottom of a large bowl. Place 5 ice cubes on top. Continue layering, ending with ice cubes on top. Cover tightly & refrigerate for for 4 hours.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing ingredients in a container till well blended. (a shaker jar with a tight lid works great.).
- Before serving: drain cabbage well, removing any remaining ice cubes. Toss with dressing.
I LOVED this because I LOVE raw red cabbage. I skipped step 2...it didn't seem worth the extra work. It still turned out crisp and was very nice with fish...the next day I had some in my tuna wrap and then had some on a salad for dinner. Made for Zaar Tag.