Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love red cabbage, then you will love this recipe. I found it in a diabetes cookbook. Enjoy!
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place cabbage, apples, vinegar, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix well.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Add salt and nutmeg. Mix well. Serve warm.
I've made this recipe for years; it's great.