Recipe by lazyme
This is a nice casserole dish that can be a side dish for either breakfast or dinner. From Bon Appetit, July 2004.
Top Review by Yeo Q.
Loved the combination of herbs and potatoes! However, it turned out a little dry. But the potatoes were really soft and crunchy, so overall still good! Will definitely cook it again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boiling potatoes (3 or 4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 slices bacon (1/4 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Transfer potatoes to a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish and toss with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in 1 layer and scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and potatoes are cooked through and golden around edges, about 35 minutes.
- Loosen potatoes with a metal spatula before removing from dish.