This is a nice casserole dish that can be a side dish for either breakfast or dinner. From Bon Appetit, July 2004.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Transfer potatoes to a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish and toss with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in 1 layer and scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and potatoes are cooked through and golden around edges, about 35 minutes.
- Loosen potatoes with a metal spatula before removing from dish.