Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice casserole dish that can be a side dish for either breakfast or dinner. From Bon Appetit, July 2004.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Transfer potatoes to a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish and toss with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in 1 layer and scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and potatoes are cooked through and golden around edges, about 35 minutes.
- Loosen potatoes with a metal spatula before removing from dish.
Loved the combination of herbs and potatoes! However, it turned out a little dry. But the potatoes were really soft and crunchy, so overall still good! Will definitely cook it again!
Mmmm, tasty! Thought these would be extremely greasy due to the bacon, but surprisingly they weren't. This dish was easy to make, didn't take too long, and it was delicious. I did add one green onion for a little sweetness and cut the bacon into pieces before putting over the potatoes, otherwise made it as written. Made these for "Everyday is a Food Holiday".
We quite enjoyed these potatoes. I served on Boxing Day with leftover turkey and gravy. The flavour is quite nice. I didn't really think the bacon added much of a flavour element - although, I suppose the bacon fat was what made the potatoes crispy.